Saturday 2 July 2011

Less Is More - Shades of Blue

Hi everyone,

Can't believe Saturday has come round again so quickly.  Had such a busy week at work and next week is set to get busier (nearly the end of term though!), so haven't had much chance to make anything, However, the kids today have gone out with their gran and grandad to the Yorkshire Wildlife Park and then back for a sleepover.  So as it's going to be my birthday on Wednesday (yipeee) my hubby and I are going out for a lovely meal with some friends, I can't wait.

So it's been quite a relaxing day, I managed to get all the cleaning done this morning and though I would set too on this week's Less is More challenge which is Shades of Blue (I can't believe how many entries have already been submitted for this challenge and how fab they all look - aren't we a clever lot of LIMettes!!

Before I get to my card for this week I just wanted to say a huge, massive THANK YOU!! to everyone who left comments about my pin wheel card over the week.  I ended up with 50 comments and they were all so lovely it really made my heart swell, you are all fab.
Anyway here is my card for this week...

The stamp is an old Craftwork Cards one called Elegant Grasses.  I've stamped it in two Memento colours - Summer Sky and Danube Blue and then I've mounted it onto some dark blue card.  The font is Scriptina.  If you look carefully I've added some little clear gems onto the flower and under the sentiment.  These were a steal - they were all over each  table at the wedding we went to recently, so as the kids were getting restless I gave them a job of collecting as many as they could.  Needless to say, I've quite a few now (well they would only have been thrown away!!!)

Anyway, that's enough jabbering on from me, I'm going to see what other gorgeous creations everyone else has been coming up with.
Bye for now.
Jo xxx

38 comments:

  1. I love this it's stunning xx Jan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hola Jo, thank you for your comment.
    So elegant card!!!Jo, fantastic stamp and i love the shades in blue, well done.
    A hug from palma

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a lovely card too - how fantastic to find such a supply of gems and have the little helpers to gather them up for you! Have a lovely birthday and enjoy that meal out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful!! I have these stamps (so gorgeous) but sadly have not used them. I think your card shows me why I got them - it's really stunnign! I do like the little clear gems too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card, the little clear gems looks fab on some of the flower heads (and I'd have done the same as you - waste not, want not, eh?!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty, the gems add such a nice touch to the delicate flowers - lovely card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A really pretty card

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely card, well done.
    Maureen........x
    You can view mine here.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your array of flowers is so pretty, and the gems give them an added sparkle. Lucky you getting them from the wedding. The font is one of my favorites

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Gorgeous card i have those stamps ...so delicate ...
    hugs Sylvie
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. FAB card Jo, those grasses live up to their name!
    Happy birthday for Wednesday
    Thank you so much
    Diva LIM
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous. Gorgeous stamp and colour. Love your gem story, you are a true crafter lol.
    Lynne xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. I do see the clear gems! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous card, love the stamp and that fantastic font! Was at a wedding the other day and they had gems all over the table in black & silver put they had pointy bottoms rather than flat so didnt pinch any, wish I had now am sure I could have done something with them hehe :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous card Love those clear gems xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is a fabulous card, my favourite so far from the LIM blue challenge. Do you know if this stamp is still available as I'd love to buy it??

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great card, love the stamp & how you have used it :-)

    Way to go on getting the kids to collect! I quite often come home with strange bits in my bag (that were going to be thrown away!!)

    ReplyDelete
  18. stunning, loved the clear gems, and the story behind them :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Very elegant card and love the gems

    ReplyDelete
  20. Totally beautiful LIM card. x

    ReplyDelete
  21. your card is just lovely!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Happy Birthday for Wednesday Jo.. hope you have a wondeful day!
    Love this card .. the image is so pretty and the little gems are gorgeous .. what a great idea.
    Hope you are enjoying the sunshine
    Lisa x
    My new blog - http://mymakesnme.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  23. Super card and good on the kids, waste not want not! Hazel x

    ReplyDelete
  24. Lovely card. Such a pretty stamp and love the shades of blue you've used :o) Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  25. A beautiful elegant card and a great idea with the gems! xx

    ReplyDelete
  26. Anonymous04 July, 2011

    This is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Fabulous card and colours

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  28. gorgeous stamp, love the gems and sentiment too - great recycling!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Beautiful card, colours and stamp love it XOXO Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  30. Brilliant card Jo, love the double stamping to get the two tone effect and the clear gems too...great scavenge with those, us crafters like to recycle :)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  31. This is just lovely!! Beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Very pretty image, the two tone effect is great.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Love the stamping with the light and dark images , lovely card,
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  34. A beautiful card. What a great find with the gems. Hope you have a lovely birthday dinner. Thanks for sharing and have a great day. Angela

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...